2014年5月28日水曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 2

Reaction to Yesterday is History by Emily Dickinson
 
Ⅰ. Summary
 
The poem I chose is Yesterday is History by Emily Dickinson. The poem has no form or structure, so I think this poem is free verse. The poem says that yesterday is history for today and today will be also history for tomorrow while we spend a day.

Ⅱ. Reaction

1. Rhythm
I think the poem uses rhyme. this poem repetition uses word "~y" end of a sentence . This is complement "~y" by repeating.


2. Connotation
This poem uses the word "yesterday".  This poem claim Yesstetrdaya's mean is history and poetry, philosophy and mystery . We recognize many mean to yesterday.


3. Emphasize
" 'Tis " is used in this poem. This word emphasize the next paregraph.


III. General opinion

If it is a nice day for us today, today's history will be a wonderful thing. However, if our lives are complex today, the history of our day could be something boring. I think this poem is very philosophical.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I read your comments. It is very interesting. Your analysis is very deep and wonderful. I also think that this poem is very philosophical.

    返信削除
  2. Hello Ayaka,

    I think your analysis is fairly well though out and fairly well written. Nice work. Please keep up with the schedule of assignments in our class. Well done on this one!

    返信削除